The Essential Eyebrow Aftercare Guide by Blink Brow Bar
Any selfcare procedure you undergo requires you to constantly keep self-caring. Since your eyebrows are a prominent feature of your face and microblading can be a delicate procedure, after care is as important as the procedure itself. Simply put, it all sums up to: no moisture, no water, no sweat, no sun, no makeup!
Aftercare procedures are similar and the products you use can vary. We have come up with a list of simple steps you can follow to make perfection last for microblading:
- No makeup, facial cleansers, exfoliators, soaps, or creams. Remember your pores are more vulnerable and sensitive! You don’t want to expose your pores to substances that will be absorbed by your sensitive skin.
For example, wait about 24 hours before you use facial cleansers to avoid any irritations.
- NO WATER: Avoid any contact between the eyebrow area and water, not even splashes of water! Be careful when you shower, as the steam can cause the pigment to fade/wear out. Stay dry no matter what, your skin is still sensitive.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure, sweating, swimming pools, steam, or any physical activity that causes sweat. Direct sun or moisture on your skin may cause the colors to fade away quickly.
- Do not apply tanning products or any heavy-chemical products, on your face for the next 3 days to keep the tint from discoloring. Tinting will wear out with time depending on the treatment and care you give to your eyebrows after. (Good procedure followed by great after-care can give you perfect eyebrows for as longs as 12 months.)
- Do not Touch! Absolutely No Touching! Avoid the urge to scratch or touch any area around the eyebrow.
This step may seem obvious, but it is the hardest & most crucial to follow, since we involuntarily touch our faces all day. Contact between your fingers and the sensitive area around your eyebrow can cause your pores to clog with oils. In the worst-case scenario, you can cause a skin infection by transferring the dirt and bacteria from your fingers to your eyebrow area.
- Be honest! Should you experience any discomfort, like swelling, itching, bruising, or burning, before, during, or after, let your aesthetician know about it. Remember all treatments and skins are different. Ask your aesthetician what aftercare products they recommend for your skin type!
Healing times will depend on many factors such as skin type, age, blood circulation, and even hormones! The healing process is very similar to that of a tattoo. If cared for properly, your healing time will be much less painful. The healing process can last up to 1 to 3 weeks depending on your skin type and if properly cared for.
After undergoing the procedure, your skin begins to heal, and this healing can cause an itchy feeling. As part of the healing process you must resist the urge to scratch or rub your skin! Refraining from scratching will make the healing process easier and give you eyebrows that will remain perfect for a very long time.
As all skin types are different, everyone will experience different outcomes following your microblading procedure. Because of this, a touch up session is required 4-6 weeks following the procedure. Our package includes a free touchup after the first two months, and the results typically last about a year!
Because microblading pigments are not implanted into your skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will fade over time. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years depending on your skin type, age, and your individual skin care routine. At Blink Brow Bar we recommend coming in for a touch up every 12-18 months.
Remember the skin is sensitive, feelings of tingling & tenderness, redness, and swelling are normal to a certain level, for a few days. If you experience continuous discomfort and pain after longer than a week, make sure you ask a professional to prevent an unwanted infection.
Why Blink Brow Bar?
Microblading is a technical job and there are many ways the procedure can go drastically wrong, if the technician is not properly trained. Thus, aestheticians who do microblading are required to have a license in order to offer microblading as a service. The license ensures you that the procedure is safely applied.
At Blink Brow Bar we are committed to giving the best service possible. That is why all our eyebrow technicians are highly skilled professionals who have mastered the artistry to achieve long-lasting perfect eyebrows.
Call our studio now to book your eyebrow appointment at any of our convenient downtown locations.
If you liked this blog, share it with your friends. Don’t keep all the eyebrow knowledge to yourself!